Nebraska Bead Society
September 15, 2011
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by President, Jodie. Eighteen members and one guest were in attendance.
Minutes: The minutes of the Aug. 18, 2011 meeting were approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Coleen gave the Treasurer’s Report. She also listed vendors who will be at the Oct. Bead Bazaar.
• Rachel Nelson Smith Bead Riffs is now in the NBS library
• Kate McKinnon’s new book is on order.
• Maggie Meister’s Classical Elegance is a new book in the Lincoln City Libraries
• NanC Meinhart RAW Intensive workshop November 12th and 13th, 2011. Supply list is on the NanC Meinhart website: http://www.nancmeinhardt.com/workshop/freeform-RAW-intensive.htm Class will be at the 6900 L St building.
• April brought a sample of business card for the club she developed
• Kristina noted that crafter’s booths are $150 for the Woman’s Expo Jan 28,29, 2012
Oct.20,2011: Marsha -Right Angle Weave
Nov: Gayle- Kumihimo
Dec: Christmas Party and Silent Auction
Bead Bazaar, Sat. Oct. 15, 2011 9am to 4pm
Guesthouse Ballroom, 5250 Cornhusker Highway, Lincoln, NE
April had a sign up sheet for volunteers to work at the Bead Bazaar. Members were reminded that the workshops with nationally known teachers are made possible by proceeds from the Bead Bazaar; therefore all members are requested to help in some way.
Mona volunteered to be in charge of the Member’s sales table.
Discussion was held but a decision was not made about having pot luck lunch for the vendors.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of the NBS banner? It was last used at the Bead Bazaar in Omaha.
There being no further business, the business meeting was adjourned. Pam and Sharon presented a fish pendant as the program. Kim won the Jodie bead.
Submitted by Jenny Minchow, Secretary